Teaching Assistant： email@example.com
Blackboard Sysytem: http://bb.ncu.edu.tw
A new era of computing is on the horizon. In this new
era, hundreds of billions of tiny devices are deeply embedded within
our physical environment. The devices are integrated into everything,
from badges to chairs, and all have the ability to compute, sense, and
communicate. This brings a new computing paradigm – pervasive computing,
in which computation occurs everywhere. This course is intended to provide
an in-depth examination of advanced topics in pervasive computing.
- Fan Yu, Tao Wu and Subir Tao, "Towards In-Band Self-Organization
in Energy-Efficient MAC Protocols for Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions
on Mobile Computing, 2007.
- I. Demirkol, C. Ersoy, F. Alagoz, "MAC Protocols for Wireless
Sensor Networks: a Survey," IEEE Communications Magazine, 2006.
- (10/24,10/31)Papers for the first oral report:
- Xiaolei Shi and G. Stromberg, "SyncWUF: An Ultra Low-Power MAC
Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing,
Volume 6, Issue 1, Page(s):115 - 125, Jan. 2007 .
- M.A. Erazo and Yi Qian, "SEA-MAC: A Simple Energy Aware MAC Protocol
for Wireless Sensor Networks for Environmental Monitoring Applications,"
2nd International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing, 2007.
- A. M. Firoze and L. Y. Jun, "PR-MAC A Priority Reservation MAC
Protocol For Wireless Sensor Networks," International Conference on Electrical
Engineering, ICEE '07, pp.1-6, April 2007.
- Wei Liang, Haibin Yu and Chang Che, "An Adaptive Probability Access
Mechanism for Wireless Sensor Network Software Engineering," Eighth ACIS
International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel/Distributed
- Anthony D. Wood, John A. Stankovic and Zhou John, "DEEJAM: Defeating
Energy-Efficient Jamming in IEEE 802.15.4-based Wireless Networks," 4th Annual
IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications
and Networks, SECON '07, 2007.
- Peng Xie and Jun-Hong Cui, "R-MAC: An Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol
for Underwater Sensor Networks," International Conference on Wireless Algorithms,
Systems and Applications, WASA 2007, 2007.
- (11/14)MANET Routing (ManetRouting.zip)
- (11/14)Data-Centric Routing for WSNs (DataCentricRouting.zip)
- (11/14)Geographical Routing (GeographicalRouting.zip)
- Localization (GPS.zip)(Localization.zip)
- Location Service (ICS'2006) (SEEKER.ppt)
- Wireless Sensor Network Deployment (WSNDeployment.zip)
- (12/26,1/2)Papers for the second oral report:
- Approximation Algorithms for Sensor Deployment
Xu, Xiaochun; Sahni, Sartaj;
Transactions on Computers
Volume 56, Issue 12, Dec. 2007 Page(s):1681 - 1695
- On the deployment of wireless data back-haul networks
Liu, X.; Mohapatra, P.;
Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 6, Issue 4, April 2007 Page(s):1426 - 1435
- Scan-Based Movement-Assisted Sensor Deployment Methods in Wireless
Yangy, Shuhui; Liz, Minglu; Wu, Jie;
Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 18, Issue 8, Aug. 2007 Page(s):1108 - 1121
- Efficient Placement and Dispatch of Sensors in a Wireless Sensor
Wang You-Chiun; Hu Chun-Chi; Tseng Yu-Chee;
Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on : Accepted for future publication
Volume PP, Issue 99, 2007 Page(s):1 - 12
- Deploying Wireless Sensor Networks under Limited Mobility Constraints
Chellappan, Sriram; Gu, Wenjun; Bai, Xiaole; Xuan, Dong; Ma, Bin; Zhang,
Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 6, Issue 10, Oct. 2007 Page(s):1142 - 1157
- Surveillance Wireless Sensor Networks: Deployment Quality Analysis
Onur, E.; Ersoy, C.; Delic, H.; Akarun, L.;
Volume 21, Issue 6, November-December 2007 Page(s):48 - 53
- Supplemental Readings Oral Reports: 30%
- In Class: 15%
- Midterm Report: 25%
- Final Report: 30%
The report should include 1. the background of the paper you are
surveying 2. the problem(s) you've found or the possbile improvement(s)
of the paper 3. the solution(s) to the problem(s) or the improvement(s)
proposed by you. 4. Conclusion
- R. Shorey, A. Ananda, M. C. Chan and W. T. Ooi, "Mobile,
wireless, sensor networks," Wiley, 2006.
- I. Mahgoub and M. Ilyas, "Sensor Networks Protocol," CRC Press,
- B. Krishnamachari, "Networking Wireless Sensors," Cambridge University
- I. Stojmenovic, "Handbook of sensor networks -- algorithms and
architectures," Wiley, 2005.
- Feng Zhao and Leonidas Guibas, “Wireless Sensor Networks -- an
information processing approach,” Elsevier, 2004.
- Carlos De Morais Cordeiro and Dharma Prakash Agrawal,
"Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks -- Theory and Applications," World Scientific
Publishing Company, 2006